Universities are increasingly turning to online learning as a form of business continuity during the Lockdown period. This will entail a marked increase in the need for online distribution of licensed and other works for remote access by students and teaching staff.
A statement has been published by the Publishers’ Association of South Africa (PASA) and the Dramatic, Artistic and Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO), giving guidance on procedures to follow when needing to reproduce licensed works.
They have subsequently introduced measures that apply to:
- Printed materials not available digitally that universities need to digitise now for access on secure electronic networks of the university i.e. iKamva
- Digital materials available under a restricted university-wide license that need to be accessible remotely.
Steps to follow at UWC:
- Complete online form: https://bit.ly/2V24xon
- The library will source possible avenues for obtaining digital versions
- If digital versions are unavailable, permission to digitise will be granted depending on each case
- Material can be placed on iKamva
For further inquiries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or consult https://lib.uwc.ac.za/index.php/lecturers/copyrightuwc/
User Services & Scholarly Communications.