The Division of Post Graduate Studies has identified the following resources to assist researchers in various ways. The guides are as follows:
- Academic Writing Guide: This Guide hopes to give generic insight into what the general demands of academic writing are. The guide enables a researcher to distinguish between “academic” writing from other kinds of writing.
- Research Proposal Guide: Aims to help you develop a sound proposal, one that will help you to write your thesis in a focused and disciplined way. Research proposals, however, differ from subject area to subject area. There is no single format. Each research project is different, but there are some central features that all proposals share. This Guide tries to address the key components of a proposal.
- Survival Guide: This guide assists the researcher in coping with the various up and downs faced when conducting research or completing post graduate studies.
- Thesis Guide: This gudie provides the user with simple technical requirements for presenting a thesis.
- Supervision Guide: This Guide is a collection of pointers that may help you, the supervisor, to negotiate the process of helping your student to discover new insights and to write these up in a systematic and rigorous way.